What is the single best predictor of student school success?
Their ability to comprehend what they read.
It has been found that when students suffer from reading problems these problems "severely curtail their educational progress and ultimately hurt their educational attainment." -The National Study of the Effectiveness of Reading Comprehension Interventions
This user friendly reading comprehension practice website will allow students in grades 2 through 12 to independently navigate through the short, leveled nonfiction articles, answer reading comprehension questions, and receive immediate, detailed feedback. All of these online passages and reading comprehension worksheets also teach students the reading strategies that will allow them to successfully master the art of reading to learn.
Only $7.95/ month
120 Lexile Leveled Certified Reading Comprehension Passages
Reading Comprehension Quizzes Following Every Passage
All Passages are Online and Printable Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Immediate Results and Feedback of Each Quiz
Detailed Explanations for Each Answer That Teach The Reading Strategies.
"Out-of-school reading habits of students has shown that even 15 minutes a day of independent reading can expose students to more than a million words of text in a year." -Anderson, Wilson & Fielding.
Only $7.95/ month
Each passage is leveled using The Lexile Framework. Click here for the Newest Lexile Map
1. Go to Find Your Level to begin.
2. Click on the first passage in your level. A picture, reading passage, and a quiz will all appear on the same page.
3. Read the passage online or print the reading worksheet. This will let you underline, highlight, circle, or highlight important information and use other reading strategies.
4. Answer the questions either online or on the printed reading comprehension worksheet. (Always encourage students to GO BACK to the passage to find the answer or evidence to support his or her answer.)
5. Review the Results. Each question is shown with the correct answer, the student's answer and an explanation.